Me Action Plan
- Align your mission and goals with your
company's mission, goals, and strategic plan.
- Find ways to network "across the white
space" in your company's organizational chart.
- Make it your business to be a great communicator
in all areas: speech, writing, meetings,
- Ask coworkers to include you on projects
that support your goals. Then find ways to drop or delegate
low- or medium-priority items on your "to-do" list so you
can launch into the project worry-free.
- Make it easy to convert your "to-do"
and "done" lists into quantifiable achievements for your
performance review-and for your résumé.
- Consider the value of a political mentor,
a person who serves as a sounding board for navigating office
- Accept the challenge of "tooting your
own horn"-and finding ways to make your boss look good as
- Map a unique career path by paying attention
to the kind of work that brings you joy, and by dealing
with transitions in ways that play to your strengths.
- Fight obsolescence-take stock of your
skills regularly, and create a personal learning plan. Could
a "mentor of the moment" be helpful? Make the connection.
- Celebrate your success-and then draw
your next road map.
©2003 Joanne Lozar